Living and studying in Finland, we enjoy a privileged position – healthy and adequate nutrition, a safe home and education free of charge. This is not the case in other parts of the world. While METKA mainly campaigns for student rights at Metropolia, we also want to address our role as global citizens and therefore are involved in development cooperation activities.
METKA’s development cooperation group, aka DeCO, meets regularly to learn more about different cultures and developing countries. The group watches documentaries, visits different organizations and participates in events. We also support the Street Children Empowerment Foundation (SCEF), an NGO working with street kids in Accra, Ghana.
You can best follow our activities by joining our Facebook group METKA DeCO. You can also ask for more information by writing to kehy[at]metkaweb.fi.
Read more about the DeCo group’s activities:
- Global Economies in Students’ Daily Lives – METKA’s development education project 2015
- “Education is a Human Right” photo exhibition 2014, photos also on Facebook
- METKA’s development cooperation work gets funding from the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- METKA’s development cooperation group presents: Helping Africa Help Itself: Aid or Cooperation?
- Development Aid or Development Cooperation?