Apply to become a tutor
“I decided to be a peer tutor because my own tutors were so amazing! When I started my studies I didn’t know anyone from my degree programme or my way around the city. But with their help everything went fine and felt so easy. I wanted to do my part and help the students next year.”’
If you have any questions about becoming a tutor or the tutor trainings, please contact your degree programme’s head tutor or METKA’s staff for tutoring at tutor(ät)metkaweb.fi.
Autumn 2017 tutor application and trainings
The application round for peer and exchange tutoring for spring semester 2018 has ended.
The 2017 autumn semester tutor training consists of four training sessions:
- two common evening session
- one session at your own campus
- one operative training session on a certain Saturday
Evening Session I
- Wed 1.11. at 17-20 (training in Finnish)
- Thu 9.11. at 17-20 (training in English)
Evening Session II
- Wed 8.11. at 17-20 (training in Finnish)
- Tue 14.11. at 17-20 (training in English)
Your campus head tutor will provide the schedule for the Campus training day.
- Sat 11.11. at 9-17 (training in Finnish)
- Sat 18.11. at 9-17 (training in English)
Head tutor applications
The application round for new campus head tutors has ended. To be able to act as a head tutor you must have been a peer tutor or an exchange tutor for at least a year. The link for the application can be found from Oma workspace for peer tutors and exchange tutors.
This post is also available in Suomi.